Taiyuan Road was built in 1918 to 1921 and named Route Delastre after the French overseas Chinese living in Shanghai. In 1943, the Wang Jingwei government changed its name to Taiyuan Road when it took over the concession.
The whole street on Taiyuan Road is quite lively. There are various villas and garden houses on both sides of the road. The famous villas on this street belong to Taiyuan villas. General George C. Marshall lived here during the end of World War II, and Mao Zedong also stayed in Taiyuan villas. During the Cultural Revolution, Jiang Qing also loved living in a villa in Taiyuan.
Taiyuan Road (From intersection of Taiyuan Rd and Zhaojiabang Rd to intersection of Taiyuan Rd and Fenyang Rd)
Xuhui District, Shanghai