Walking near Jing’an Temple in Shanghai
Information as below:
Changde Road (From intersection of Changde Rd and Nanjing W Rd)
Anyi Road (Anyi Rd)
Tongren Road (Tongren Rd)
Nanjing West Road (Nanjing W Rd)
Pedestrian Street (Pedestrian St)
Yuyuan Road (To intersection of Yuyuan Rd and Wanhangdu Rd), Go Back
Yuyuan Road (To intersection of Yuyuan Rd and Changde Rd)
Jing’an Temple is a Buddhist temple on the Nanjing West Road in Shanghai. Jing’an District, where it is located, is named after the temple.
The temple was first built in 247 AD in the Wu Kingdom during the Three Kingdoms period of ancient China. Originally located beside the Suzhou Creek, it was relocated to its current site in 1216 during the Song Dynasty. The temple was rebuilt in the Qing Dynasty, but during the Cultural Revolution, the temple was turned into a plastic factory. In 1983, it was returned to its original purpose and rebuilt with the Jing’An Pagoda completed in 2010.
Jing’an District, Shanghai