We are walking on Fenglin Road today. There are no maple trees on both sides of the road, but there are still lush French plane trees. Although this road is not as refined as the French Concession, it still has the style of old Shanghai. Along the street are the Shanghai Institutes of Biological Sciences of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, the Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, the Shanghai Entomological Museum, the Xuhui District Science and Technology Museum, the Xuhui District Youth Water Sports School, the School of Nursing, Fudan University, the Shanghai Branch of the Science Press, the Zhongshan Hospital, etc.
The earliest Fenglin Road was not its current name, but was named after He Fenglin, the highest military and political chief of the warlord who was in charge of Songjiang and Shanghai City at that time (1919).
In 1924, He Fenglin was defeated and left. Shanghai, in 1927, Chiang Kai-shek established the Shanghai Special Government. In January 1928, Fenglin Road was renamed Fenglin Road and Fenglin Bridge.
In 1954, Zhaojiabang filled and leveled the road, and several bridges on the river were demolished, leaving only the road with the same name.
Fenglin Road (From intersection of Fenglin Rd and Zhaojiabang Rd to intersection of Fenglin Rd and Ruining Rd)
Xuhui District, Shanghai