Walk in Shanghai – Danshui Road
Danshui Road is in the west of Huangpu District, Shanghai. From Yan'an East Road in the north, to Jianguo East Road in the south. The length is 1683 meters.
Danshui Road was built in the 28th year of Guangxu in the Qing Dynasty (1902), named Hengshan Road. In the 32nd year of Guangxu (1906), it was renamed Rue Chapsal by the name of the general director of the French Public Board of Directors. It was later renamed Tamsui Road by the name of Taiwan.
In the 32nd year of the Republic of China (1943), it was renamed Nantong Road. In the 35th year of the Republic of China, it was renamed Yingshi Road by the governor of Shanghai Chen Yingshi (its beauty) during the Revolution of 1911, and it was changed back to Danshui Road in 1950.
Huangpu District, Shanghai