Siping Road was built from 1930 to 1932. It originally was named Xiangzha Road because it connected the urban area of Zhabei with Yinxiang Township. When it was not completed, in 1931, Chen Qimei, the governor of Shanghai during the Revolution of 1911, named it Qimei Road and became one of the main roads leading to the new urban area of Jiangwan. During the Japanese occupation, it was renamed Songjintong and Weixin Road, and its name was renamed in 1945. It was renamed Siping Siping in 1950. In 1983, the Siping Road was widened to 35 meters in line with the National Games. Today we are walking in the section of Yangpu District, Siping Road.
Video Source: 四平路siping RD\漫步在上海\Strolliong in Shanghai from WUWA VISION on Youtube ⁄ CC BY