Castle of La Perrière – Avrillé, France
The castle of La Perrière (La Perrière Château & Golf – Younan Collection) was built on the structures of a former 13th century seigniorial residence by the rich Goddes de Varennes family who acquired it in 1603. François Goddes de Varennes completed in 1699 the extension of the castle that his father Charles-François Goddes de Varennes had built.
The property remained in the hands of this Goddes de Varennes family until the beginning of the 19th century, then changed its name while remaining in the family bosom, until the 20th century.
The castle is since 1982, property of the city of Avrillé.
The restoration work, supervised by the architects lasted 26 years and was completed in 2008.
The castle has been listed as a Historic Monument since 1965 and some parts are even classified since 1983.