Wanping South Road and Wanping Road are connected and separated by Zhaojiabang Road. It was originally a small road called Ximiaoqiao Road because of the Ximiao Bridge on Zhaojiabang. After the road was officially opened in 1914, the road was renamed Yufeng Road.
Three years later, Real Estate Business Group remembered to donate funds to rebuild the Ximiao Bridge, and named it: Remember Bridge, and the road was renamed to Remember Road.
In 1927, the road was converted into an asphalt road; in 1944, the Japanese army requisitioned land to build a section from Longhua Airport to Longhua Road, called Airport Road; after the liberation of Shanghai, it was collectively called Jinji Road.
In 1965 because the road was connected to Wanping Road on Zhaojiabang Road, the road was renamed Wanping South Road.
Xuhui District, Shanghai