The construction of Tianmu East Road began in the late Qing Dynasty. This place was originally a small river bank, which was the northern boundary of the Shanghai Public Concession delineated in 1899.
In 1904, the Bureau of the Ministry of Industry of the Shanghai Public Concession built this road, named Boundary Road (boundary road). The southern and southern sides of the road belonged to the public concession management, and the northern and northern sides belonged to the Chinese boundary. Soon, the Shanghai North Station of the Shanghai-Nanjing Railway was located on the north side of the road.
In 1943, Wang Jingwei’s regime took over the concession and changed the boundary road to Tianmu Road in Zhejiang Province.
In 1963, Tianmu Road, Xinmin Road and Guangzhao Road were collectively named and changed to Tianmu East Road, Tianmu Middle Road and Tianmu West Road respectively.
Jing’an District, Shanghai