Jing’an Park is a park located at the Western section of Nanjing Road (Nanjing W Rd), just opposite the Jing’an Temple (Jing An Temple Station).
Jing’an Park used to be a cemetery. It was opened in 1898 and closed in 1951. There were approximately 5,500 total burials and approximately 1,350 cremation conducted in the cemetery.
In 1953, the Shanghai Municipal People’s Government invested in the cemetery It was converted into a park and opened to the public in 1955. The reconstruction began in October 1998, and it will be opened to the public free of charge after the completion of the reconstruction in September 1999.
Jing’an District, Shanghai